The College of Rehabilitation based in Warsaw was established in 2007 and so far educates students on first-cycle studies (Balchelor’s degree) and second-cycle studies (Master’s degree).
Currently WSR runs courses for about 1.500 students in three majors: physiotherapy (I-st and II-nd cycle), dietetics(I-st cycle) and emergency medicine (I-st cycle). Our College also has a wide range of directional and specialized courses and postgraduate studies.
In spite of short period of its activity, WSR employs the most outstanding staff, which, practically and didactically, continues traditions of the world-famous Polish school of rehabilitation, as well as preeminent specialists, who teach emergency medicine and dietetics using innovative methods. We offer the highest level of studies. We offer the traineeship in the most prestigious hospitals in Warsaw.
In our College the lecturers are the most famous medical doctors and specialists in the area of physiotherapy, emergency medicine and dietetics.
Development strategy of WSR provides for the main goals of Erasmus Plus Programme and systematically increases the quality of education, promotes and provides for European dimension of education, develops multilateral cooperation between the educational institutions and companies, focuses on increasing students’ and academic staff’s mobility works in aid of mutual recognition of qualifications obtained during students’ and staff’s international exchange.
The goal of WSR Policy Statement connected with Erasmus Plus Programme realization is to prepare students to live in the multinational, multicultural and technically advanced society of European Union as well as increasing qualifications of the academic staff.
We declare exchanging programme for students and the academic staff, based on bilateral Learning Agreements. Annually, at least 2% of WSR students are supposed to do some part of required courses abroad or the traineeship in partner countries’ companies. That is why we increase our activity in acquiring new partners. The number of incoming students coming to WSR should be similar to the number of outgoing students.
We want to increase our participation in multilateral projects connected with formulating new curricula, cooperation of WSR with companies and distance learning projects (e.g. e-learning projects). Our experience in these areas contains inter alia: cooperation with companies and the university in Hungary (including performing traineeship for physiotherapy students and cooperation in relation to compare and exchange the experience in formulating curricula), Venezuela, USA (performing courses for WSR staff). In the future we plan to establish cooperation with other European universities and colleges, taking into account the compatibility of academic profiles, particularly from Germany, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Slovakia, Lithuania, as well as from Eastern Europe (particularly Ukraine), on account of great interest in WSR’s educational offer.
The skills of the academic staff are systematically improved by participation in international conferences, trainings and seminars. WSR from the beginning of its activity systematically organizes conferences, congresses and symposiums (in 2014 WSR students self-government organized independent scientific symposium).
Implementing the enlargement policy of dimension of European higher education, as well as visibility and full recognition of studies, WSR:
- Introduced ECTS grading system;
- Issues diploma supplements (IN TWO LANGUAGES);
- Supports and recognizes students’ and staff’s mobility,.
- Educates the foreigners; up till now there are 11 foreign students: from Ukraine, Lithuania, Armenia, Mongolia, Denmark and Italy. These students are fully integrated with local students and academic world. Any act of racism or xenophobia was not observed in relation to these students.
- Appointed an International Relations Coordinator;
- Has a wide range of languages courses (English, Spanish);
- Promotes learning foreign languages by organizing English course classes for administrative and academic staff;
- Applies advanced IT and multimedia technologies;
- Supports traditional education forms by using modern technologies for teaching and learning at a distance (e-learning);
- Has an access to modern scientific databases; which are available for both students and the staff;
- Accommodates the educational offer to EU labor market trends.
Moreover, WSR declares inter alia continuing the cooperation with partner universities and companies, striving to establishing new agreements of cooperation, creating new courses in English; first in case of the most popular major (Physiotherapy), and next in case of the other majors (Dietetics and Emergency Medicine).
In the light of ensuring the execution of the assumptions concerning non-discrimination, i.e. gender equality, integration of the disabled students, as well as academic and administrative staff, we declare continuing matriculating both foreign and disabled students. Furthermore, by implementing Erasmus Plus Policy, WSR declares:
- Supporting the disabled (special scholarship system; Disable Student Allowance, the college building is fully disability-adjusted);
- Supporting students being in difficult financial situation (WSR from the beginning of its activity awards scholarships and allowances if necessary);
- Organizing meetings and lectures concerning other cultures and traditions of other nationalities.
WSR authorities declare to make every effort to support of non-discrimination, anti-racism and anti-xenophobic activities.